Fulfill Dr. Govinda KC's Demands for Accountability and Reform in Medical Education, Nepal
This petition had 542 supporters
There is an urgent need to resolve the issues that led Dr. Govinda KC to embark on his eighth hunger strike in July this year and that now have thousands demonstrating with him on the streets of Nepal. Dr. KC’s demands for the right to accountable government and social justice, including affordable quality public education and healthcare are:
1. The passing of a health education act that will ensure:
- The creation of new medical colleges across the country and the creation of no more in Kathmandu Valley
- A cap on the cost of medical education
- The availability of free higher education in medicine
2. The implementation of the Mathema Committee Report on Health Profession Education Policy
3. The repealing of a bill tabled in parliament that would allow the creation of a new ‘cooperative’ medical college in Kathmandu in which 146 parliamentarians have a share
4. The impeachment of Lokman Singh Karki, Chief of the Commission for the Investigation of the Abuse of Authority (CIAA), for nepotistic profiteering in the medical sector and beyond and for interfering with the administering of medical college exams.
CIAA Chief Lokman Singh Karki, through the expansion of his mafia network, is responsible for blocking reforms for which Dr. KC has long fought. Karki’s impeachment is thus vital to the regulation and progress of the medical sector.
Medical education in Nepal is a sector in which much underhand money can be made. But Karki's reach spans the political, bureaucratic, business, and judicial spheres, creating an overpowering nexus of corruption, illegal activity, and blackmail.
Nepali and worldwide public opinion must force Nepal’s government and parliament to act. Please support Dr. KC’s campaign by signing this petition. Help move Nepal in the direction of social justice and accountability.
Today: Kasang Dikki is counting on you
Kasang Dikki Sherpa needs your help with “Nepal PM, Govt: Fulfill Dr. Govinda KC's Demands for Accountability and Reform in Medical Education”. Join Kasang Dikki and 541 supporters today.