Help Save Pollok House
This petition made change with 8,510 supporters!
The National Trust has decided to close Pollok House until 2021. This will be disastrous as Pollok House is a hub that many in the local community depend on. By closing Pollok House, including the Edwardian Cafe, a team of devoted staff will lose their jobs and the people of Glasgow are deprived of an easily accessible heritage site and social space as lockdown eases. We hope by showing how much people care about Pollok House, the National Trust for Scotland will reconsider and reopen Pollok House. Please sign and share this petition to open Pollok House in 2020!
Why should you care?
- Pollok House can provide the only café, toilets and shop, currently available for the thousands of people who visit Pollok Park each week;
- If Pollok House does not open till Summer 2021, all the incredible staff risk losing their jobs and there is no guarantee that they will be rehired when Pollok House reopens. The Pollok House team are intrinsic to the visitor experience due to their passion and knowledge, which would be permanently lost if Pollok House closes.
- Pollok House is an accessible heritage, social and green space for people to visit within the Scottish Government’s lockdown regulations, and can be accessed by foot or car to many people who live in Glasgow.
- Pollok House is the 8th most visited NTS property in Scotland, providing a considerable number of jobs and helping to support many businesses in the local economy;
- Pollok House is where the National Trust for Scotland started, Sir John Stirling Maxwell, the owner of Pollok House was one of the founding members of the National Trust for Scotland and the first meetings for the National Trust for Scotland were held at Pollok House in 1931.
Today: Chloe is counting on you
Chloe Shields needs your help with “National Trust for Scotland: Help Save Pollok House”. Join Chloe and 8,509 supporters today.