DETENTION HARMS HEALTH
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Please sign the following petition if you agree with the below statements.
1. As a future doctor you are worried about the detrimental effect offshore detention has on Asylum Seeker and Refugee Health.
2. The current treatment of asylum seekers by the Australian government is illegal, as signatories of the 1951 convention relating to the status of refugees.
3. This is not a political issue, it is an issue of health and human rights.
The key points we want to raise as solutions are:
1. We need to allow an independent medical body access to offshore detention centres and grant them the autonomy to make independent decisions regarding asylum seeker healthcare, including the transfer of asylum seekers to Australia in order to receive specialist medical treatment.
2. Increased transparency relating to healthcare, safety and living conditions on Manus Island and Nauru.
3. Improve conditions so that healthcare is equal to that of Australia, as required by Australia’s international legal and humanitarian obligations.
Today: Crossing Borders for Health is counting on you
Crossing Borders for Health JCU needs your help with “National MP Callout!: Australia's mistreatment of refugees is an issue of HEALTH & HUMAN RIGHTS”. Join Crossing Borders for Health and 64 supporters today.