Keep Beacon Classical Academy Open!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
TIME is of the Essence!
Please click the key to Sign before June 30th!
Watch Video for basic knowledge (I'm interviewed):
Can you kindly review and sign this petition to say, KEEP BEACON CLASSICAL ACADEMY OPEN? EVERY voice is important, and every voice counts!
Call 619.267.1294 school
Or Ruth Prado, Parent Advocate 619.829.7733
Our sons, daughters, grandchildren, nephews, nieces, neighbors and friends - - our children attend this Charter. We believe that this Charter School is a beacon of opportunity for our little ones to learn in a safe and learning environment. Our children are learning a Classical Education similar to our American Founding Fathers.
Many of the parents have amazing testimonials of how each child has been enriched. Progress and growth is not limited to educational and personal growth. Some aspects like "feeling secure" and "feeling loved and embraced" cannot be measured on a test. Some parents have special needs children. Some kids experienced bullying issues from other public schools. Some just chose the school. Whatever the reason, each parent chose Beacon Classical Academy. Both the parents and children are glad to be here. Beacon serves her purpose and parents travel from varying School Districts to participate in this wonderful program.
The school was cited for violations, which Beacon has addressed in a nearly 300 pg document (Feb 2017 and subsequent submittals (April 2017).
- Last Update - Appeal Pending
- May 8 unanimous vote by NSD to close school
- Update 4/13 Public Hearing was filled including overflow. Speakers from all spectrums spoke with 99% in favor of Beacon. At the time of the meeting, 156 votes were submitted in favor of the school. We await the due diligence process and future vote. We can only hope on top of hope, submit documents as required and move forward from here.
- Our impending April 12th hearing allows the public to be heard prior to the consideration and vote to REVOKE OUR CHARTER!!!! THIS PETITION is also an avenue for which your voice can be heard.
- Last update 4/11 5:45am - There is possible meeting on Friday AFTER the hearing with District. Appt not nailed down.
- Last update - The City said there was a misunderstanding. There was no intention to have a scheduled meeting on Friday, 4/14. No mention of one to come, either.
- We need the District's approved acceptance of documents and Action Plan to correct all issues on a timely manner.
- We need open, supportive dialogue with the District with respect to issues on a line by line basis, which is not clearly established.
- We need the full public support to keep school open, especially up through April 12th hearing by signing petition, attendance, or have direct communication with District.
Today: Troy N. Ruthie is counting on you
Troy N. Ruthie Prado needs your help with “National City School District: Keep Local School Beacon Classical Academy Open!”. Join Troy N. Ruthie and 211 supporters today.