Make Christian Music Great Again!
This petition had 30 supporters
- Kenise Etwaru - Christian Artist / Musician / Worship Leader - www.keniseetwaru.com
- Marc Reddick - Music Producer / Christian Artist / Musician / Worship Minister / High School Music Teacher - www.marcreddick.com
The Problem: Every music artist know that once you win a Grammy, you've "arrived". Winning a Grammy is the epitome/pinnacle of their goals for almost all artists. Over the years, I've noticed that Christian artists who win a Grammy do not receive the award on the air. They are given the award during a commercial break. I know you may be saying.......Christian Music is already Great. Yes, Christian Music is amazing, however, it's not recognized and awarded, as such. Furthermore, if it's so great, then why hide Christian artists receiving their award on air during the Grammy line up. If it's so great, then did you know that the following Christian artists won a Grammy in February 2017?
- Best Gospel Performance/Song: WINNER: "God Provides" — Tamela Mann; Kirk Franklin, songwriter
- Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song: WINNER: "Thy Will" — Hillary Scott & The Scott Family; Bernie Herms, Hillary Scott & Emily Weisband, songwriters Track from: Love Remains
- Best Gospel Album: WINNER: Losing My Religion — Kirk Franklin
- Best Contemporary Christian Music Album: WINNER: Love Remains — Hillary Scott & The Scott Family
- Best Roots Gospel Album: WINNER: Hymns — Joey+Rory
How Can You Help: By signing this petition, you will help to make our voices heard to The Recording Academy, so that this generation of Christian artists and the legacy of all the generations of Christian artists to come. Help us "Make Christian Music Great Again!"
Thank you and God Bless!!!!
Today: Kenise is counting on you
Kenise Etwaru needs your help with “National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences: Make Christian Music Great Again!”. Join Kenise and 29 supporters today.