Request for Better Living Conditions for our Furry Friends in India
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
At the outset, I would extend my heartfelt congratulations for the sweeping victory to Shri Narendra Modi ji and his BJP/NDA team in the recently completed lustrum festival of world's largest democratic republic. I am proud that I have been helping out too in a very little way with my local BJP members, whatsapp group and also supporting the Mein Bhi Chowkidar concept in Twitter. I have a humble request to you to have a re-look on Animal Welfare laws in India. Most of them are very much stale, obsolete and sans any teeth/power to be enforced and implemented.
- If there is an injustice to a section of people they raise against the oppressors and garner support from political parties. But when a poor animal like a puppy or kitten is ill treated and/or left famished they don't even have a voice to tell anyone and the little ones end up crying about their fate silently.
- Additionally when there is a run-over of a human by a vehicle it is treated as a homicide or genocide and the laws are so stringent that the perpetrator can be taken up to and beyond gallows. But running over an animal at best leads to a few rupees fine (as per books of law) which is also not levied and/or implemented by law enforcement agencies who attribute a scant respect for our furry friends. Worst is that the perpetrator is not just left scott free but the complainant started to get harassed by the perpetrator and the law enforcement agencies who view clemency towards animals as an object of sarcasm. At times an egoistic perpetrator starts to target more animals on their axe of cruelty without much respite from the law enforcement agencies.
- Furthermore most of the state government have options for subsidised food for the poor people like Amma Unavagam in Tamil Nadu, Indira Canteen in Karnataka to name a few. But there are so much of poor puppies and kitten starving in the streets without getting one square meal. I would like you to look into this issue and ensure that these poor dumb friends get some regular food for themselves.
- NDA 1.0 did a very good job in housing sector bring housing dreams quite close to any Indian. However you may be observing millions of dumb friends exposed to rain and shine. It would be great some effort is made to provide shelter to these poor dumb friends. There are weird regulations (written/unwritten) and apartments restrict people from having puppies along with them citing beguile speculations and hallucinations for reasons best known to them.
- Additionally when all sections of humans are allowed to use air flights, train, bus and visit temples, I do not know why animals particularly dog and kitten who are akin little babies are embargoed from using these facilities. In your previous tenure you had successfully launched 112 as a single point Emergency Service but when it comes to Emergency services for poor animals ambulances are very less and animal welfare organizations are running in shoestring budget. Human care ambulances refuses to give a lift to our furry friends. Kindly help them with some emergency assistance facilities.
- I sincerely appreciate your vision to safeguard girl child with schemes like Beti Bachao Beti Padao, Sukanya Samriddhi Savings Plan etc. In the similar way if we can step up awareness campaign that everyone should adopt a puppy or kitten and not buy, every dog in our Indian street would get a lovely home and a parent.
- The dignity of death is also not available for poor friends. When a human dies they gets so much of fan fare for his final procession and rites. But for the unfortunate dog, all they do is throw the carcass of our poor furry friends in some remote waste bin and walk off without any remorse.
I humbly request you to bless our poor dumb furry friends with some love of life and ray of hope.
Thanks and Regards,
Deepak Kumar Vasudevan
A copy of this petition is also submitted to the Office of Prime Minister vide PMOPG/E/2019/0282081
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!