Build Machilipatnam Sea Port in Available Government Land, Not in Farmers' Land.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
"Directly 15,000+ families & Indirectly 100,000 People are affected with this CHANGE, Sign & Help Us Reach Prime Minister, Union Ministry of Shipping and Chief Minister, Andhra Pradesh"
Dear all, I am pawandheer and belong to a family that's related to agriculture in a small village nearby Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh.There are a total of 29 Villages in our town's revenue division and 20,000+ farmers who are dependent on agriculture & related activities live there.
As a part of Sagaramala Project by Government of India and Andhra Pradesh, 33,000 Acres of Land has been Identified to Build a Sea Port and Industries. Out of which, 16,500 Acres belong to Farmers and 16,500 belong to Government. (Approx.)
The intention of building a sea port and bringing industries is highly appreciable . But, The Sad part is that Government of Andhra Pradesh is trying to do it by NOT IMPLEMENTING 'Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013' which will benefit all the parties involved. Government of Andhra Pradesh is applying the Amaravathi Land Pooling Scheme in the case of Machilipatnam Land which isn't a justified, rational and logical decision.It left 20,000+ families in devastation.
- Forceful Acquisition of Farmers' lands in & around Machilipatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Not Implementing LARR Act, 2013
- Availability of 16,500 Acres of Government Land Which is More Than Needed for a Sea Port. (World's Busiest Port Singapore is in 1800 Acres!)
- Troubling the Farming Community by NOT releasing water to crops so that farmers would be discouraged of survival and submit the lands.
- It has been 03 years (August, 2014) since government allowed registrations of these lands, blocking the lands to sell/buy.
- 98% of farmers had already given their disapproval to government on the project.
- Build the sea port and industries in the available government lands.
- If at all farmers land is required, it should be as per to will of farmer under LARR Act, 2013.
Today: Pawandheer is counting on you
Pawandheer Sanam needs your help with “Narendra Modi: Build Machilipatnam Sea Port in Available Government Land, Not in Farmers' Land.”. Join Pawandheer and 123 supporters today.