Remove Rep Lauren Boebert (CO-R) from Congress via 14th Amendment
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
WE THE PEOPLE of these United States of America do hereby request the immediate expulsion of Representative Lauren Boebert (R-CO) from the 117th Congress via invocation of the 14th Amendment, Section 3, which reads as follows:
"No Person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."
We make this request based on the following grounds:
1. Representative Boebert openly boasts about carrying her Glock, a semi-automatic pistol, in violation of Washington DC law and U.S. Capitol grounds rules, as follows:
a) D.C. Official Code § 22-4504.01
"You must be licensed to carry a firearm in the District concealed, while open carry is prohibited."
Prohibited Places to Carry a Concealed Firearm:
* A building or office occupied by the District of Columbia or its agencies.
* A public transportation vehicle, including the Metrorail transit system and its stations.
* The public memorials on the National Mall and along the Tidal Basin, and any area where firearms are prohibited under federal law or by a federal agency, including the U.S. Capitol buildings and grounds.
* The area around the White House ( between Constitution Ave. and H St. and between 15th St. and 17th St. NW)
* The U.S. Naval Observatory and its grounds (from the perimeter of its fence to the curb of Massachusetts Ave. NW from 34th St. south on Massachusetts Ave to Observatory Circle NW)
b) Prohibited Items on the U.S. Capitol Grounds:
"Pursuant to the United States and District of Columbia Criminal Codes, firearms, dangerous weapons, explosives, or incendiary devices are prohibited on U.S. Capitol Grounds."
2. Representative Boebert's possible involvement in the incitement of an insurrection at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.
a) At 8:30AM, Representative Boebert tweeted, "Today is 1776.", which implies that there would be some type of Declaration of Independence and the creation of a new government, such as via an organized coup to overthrow the 117th Congress in direct violation of 18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious Conspiracy.
18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious Conspiracy:
"If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both."
b) Just after 2:00 p.m., windows at the U.S. Capitol were broken through, and the mob breached the building, entering the National Statuary Hall. As rioters began to storm the Capitol and other nearby buildings, some buildings in the complex were evacuated. Outside the building, the mob constructed a gallows and tied a noose to it, punctured the tires of a police vehicle, and left a note saying "PELOSI IS SATAN" on the windshield.
At 2:18PM, Representative Boebert tweeted a potential tip to the rioters, who were heard in live news broadcasts searching for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to do her harm, tweeting, "The Speaker has been removed from the chambers."
* Note: Screenshots of both tweets have been preserved, in the event the Representative decides to delete them at a later date.
3. During the debate preceding the vote on the 2nd impeachment of Donald John Trump, for Incitement Of Insurrection, Representative Boebert began her remarks with a forceful & passionate "Glory be to god!", as if to imply she was thanking her preferred deity for a successful insurrection, and then proceeded to defend Trump's role in inspiring, instigating and encouraging the worst attack on the U.S. Capitol in over 200 years.
By affixing our electronic signatures to this petition, WE THE PEOPLE of these United States of America do hereby request that the Speaker Of The House, The Honorable Nancy Pelosi, immediately begin the legal process to expel Representative Lauren Boebert (R-CO) from the 117th Congress via invocation of the 14th Amendment, Section 3.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!