Change the grading system back to what it was and not having standards based grading.

Change the grading system back to what it was and not having standards based grading.

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Perrin Mikitish started this petition to Nampa School District

The Nampa School District made a new grading system last year. Hoping for a better grading system, it turned into the opposite. Student's learning has been more confusing and has raised stress levels among many. We as students and parents should have the right to change it. We already have no say in how the school runs itself when they barely observe the student's performances and experiences within the new system. If we don't find a voice as students, then who will? The teachers don't even have a say in how their classes run. Overall, we need a new system by going back to the previous one. The previous one provided a better look at a student's overall grade with percentages and letters corresponding to it. The standards based grading now does not do that. As students, we don't have the overall look or feel. So how are we supposed to know what we need to work on if we don't even fully know what grade we have in the class? As a student myself, I struggle with the new grading system. I have also asked around and 90% of students agreed while the remaining 10% were undecided. It hurts to see so many students falling into stress because of this. Not only do they fall into stress, but stress causes lack of motivation. Which is one of the leading factors student's haven't been getting their work done. They're stressed, under pressure, and lacking the severe motivation to continue. As students and parents, we should change this. Not just for a few students, but for the whole district to be relieved of stress.

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!