Objection :Hawking @ Mohan Gokhale Rd,Yashodham Rd, Doordarshan Rd, FilmCity Rd-P/S Ward.
This petition had 223 supporters
1. Further to the BMC communication to submit objections to the allocation of hawking pitches, we hereby submit our objection to the hawking pitches identified in the areas mentioned in the subject line for reasons mentioned hereinafter;
2. The above areas are a predominantly Residential Area.
3. There are several schools in the entire area to name a few;
a. Lakshdham High School along with Playmate Preschool
b. Oberoi International School
c. BMC Municipal School
d. Ryan International
e. St. Xaviers School
f. Poddar Jumbo Kids
g. Ankur nursery
h. Gokuldham High School
i. Yashodham High School along with Playmate Preschool.
j. Indira Gandhi Institute of Development and Research
4. There are also a couple of medical centres and municipal dispensary is also planned and ready in the area.
5. Due to the schools there is already lot of traffic and congestion every time a school batch begins or ends. All schools provide bus service and every time the primary, secondary or preschool batch leaves the traffic situation is chaotic.
6. Further, there is a lot of noise and dust pollution.
7. The area is super-densely populated with several towers and residential complexes that were permitted without taking into account the population density of the area.
8. Adding hawkers to this already chaotic mess is a completely thoughtless and heartless decision and appears to be done purely with commercial gains in mind.
9. The presence of hawkers in this area is going to be a security concern with little children, senior citizens & women being at highest risk. Needless to state that crime rate would also increase exponentially due to the presence of hawkers.
10. Currently, some of these road in the area are free-from-hawkers viz; Mohan Gokhale Road, Doordarshan Road. Other roads have few hawkers that are operating illegally without license.
11. By giving permission/license to hawkers in these areas it will lead to increase in incidents of theft, child abuse, molestation etc the safety of the children, their mothers etc will be compromised.
12. Needless to state undercover sale of drugs, alcohol, pornographic products will also occur under the garb of hawking as has happened in other areas like Bandra and Andheri. This will have a everlasting detrimental effect on the entire life of children studying and living in the area.
13. Last but not the least as per Supreme Court guidelines referred by Bombay High Court order pronounced on 23-Oct-2015 by JJ. Shri. A.S. Oka & Smt. R.M. Dere in
WRIT PETITION NO.224 OF 2011 Shri Vile Parle Kelvani Mandal and Ors Versus Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai and Ors.
PUBLIC INTEREST LITIGATION NO.36 OF 2010 Janhit Manch and Ors. Versus Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and Ors.
Hawkers cannot hawk within 100 metres from any place of worship, holy shrine, educational institution and general hospital and within the periphery of 150 metres from any Municipal or other market.
14. Therefore, the hawking pitches in the following roads are objected;
a. Mohan Gokhale Road (87 pitches),
b. Yashodham Road (33 pitches),
c. Doordarshan Road (22 pitches),
d. Film City Road (39 pitches)
As they are not only covered by a string of schools but also a safety risk;
As undersigned, Affected Residents/Parents of
Goregaon (East), Mumbai – 400063.
1. Instead of creating hawking zones/pitches, what the area severely lacks is a Full-Fledged Hospital, Swimming Pool, Open Spaces and Recreational Garden/Playgrounds/Parks and a planned Municipal Markets (to cater to the dense population).
Also many open spaces have been abused and it will be more helpful to the residents if the Public Open Spaces marked/reserved as per the DP is made available to the public.
Today: Jyoti is counting on you
Jyoti panickar needs your help with “Municipal Commissioner (Ajoy Mehta): Objection : Hawking pitches @ Mohan Gokhale Rd, Yashodham Rd, Doordarshan Rd - P/S Ward.”. Join Jyoti and 222 supporters today.