- Shri. Vivek PhansalkarJoint Commissioner of Police, Traffic
- Shri. S.K. ThoratPolice Inspector Byculla
- Shri. A.B. KinagiPolice Inspector Nagpada
- Shri. R.M. ThakurPolice Inspector Tardeo
- Shri. S.M. ShejwalPolice Inspector Pydhonie
- Shri. M.P. PatilSr. Police Inspector Kalbadevi
- Shri. P.B. KhabdeSr.Police Inspector Colaba
- Shri. G.D. GiriAssistant Commissioner of Police, North
- Shri. Vilas PawarAssistant Commissioner of Police, Central
- Shri. V.M. HemadiAssistant Commissioner of Police, South
- Shri. N.N. Mistry (Addl.Charge)Assistant Commissioner of Police, Planning
- Shri. Dr. M. DahikarDeputy Commissioner of Police, H.Q
- Shri. Dr. M. DahikarDeputy Commissioner of Police,Suburb
- Shri. S.R. NilewadDeputy Commissioner of Police, City
- Shri. Brijesh SinghAddl. Commissioner of Police, Traffic
- Shri. D. NaikodiSr. Police Inspector Wadala
Mumbai Traffic Police: Enforce the traffic rules more strictly and ensure good traffic regulation
The traffic scenario in mumbai is becoming pathetic as the vehicles are increasing. Not following traffic signals, parking/stopping in middle of road, many cars barging in to take turn, no respect to pedestrians are becoming very common and a big nuisance. High time the traffic police do the job really well.
- Joint Commissioner of Police, Traffic
Shri. Vivek Phansalkar
- Police Inspector Byculla
Shri. S.K. Thorat
- Police Inspector Nagpada
Shri. A.B. Kinagi
- Police Inspector Tardeo
Shri. R.M. Thakur
- Police Inspector Pydhonie
Shri. S.M. Shejwal
- Sr. Police Inspector Kalbadevi
Shri. M.P. Patil
- Sr.Police Inspector Colaba
Shri. P.B. Khabde
- Assistant Commissioner of Police, North
Shri. G.D. Giri
- Assistant Commissioner of Police, Central
Shri. Vilas Pawar
- Assistant Commissioner of Police, South
Shri. V.M. Hemadi
- Assistant Commissioner of Police, Planning
Shri. N.N. Mistry (Addl.Charge)
- Deputy Commissioner of Police, H.Q
Shri. Dr. M. Dahikar
- Deputy Commissioner of Police,Suburb
Shri. Dr. M. Dahikar
- Deputy Commissioner of Police, City
Shri. S.R. Nilewad
- Addl. Commissioner of Police, Traffic
Shri. Brijesh Singh
- Sr. Police Inspector Wadala
Shri. D. Naikodi
Given that Mumbai is the finance capital of India, the traffic management is way too below par.
The number of vehicles having been increasing at a very rapid rate( close to 1 lakh/year), but the management is way too behind to cope the same.
Being a senstiive mumbaite we would like the following points to be implemented:
- Increase the traffic police staff at RTO's to keep pace with increasing number of vehicles. The RTO staff strength has been decreasing with the tremendous increase in traffic! Really difficult to comprehend!
- Limit the number of vehicle registered and establish a well-defined protocol to monitor/regulate the same.
- Ensure traffic rules more strictly to ensure people respect the rules and not take YOU for granted. Most of them are NOT scared of LAWS and don't follow rules. This is getting really bad and will get even worse in the future.
Its a real shame that most of them no unpunished and have no respect for the rules.
The following areas are also very chaotic and it seems pretty much ignored by you. Please deploy more staff at the following locations:
- Grant Road Junction,
- Bhendi Bazar.
- Sikka Nagar,
- Chira Bazar,
These are just a few places where i see the chaos. I'm pretty sure there will be many such places that need to be looked into.
Its high time Mumbai Traffic Police gets more serious about the worsening traffic scenario and take strong steps towards ensuring less problems to transportation and the common man affected by the same.
Hope you will pay heed to our sincere request.
Mehul Raval started this petition with a single signature, and now has 53 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.