Say NO to a wind turbine in Penyclawdd, Monmouthshire
This petition made change with 130 supporters!
In December 2013 Monmouthshire County Council refused permission for the erection of a 46m high wind turbine in open countryside at Pen-y-clawdd, Monmouthshire (Application ref. DC/2013/00469).
The applicant has now appealed this decision, and a group of local residents are campaigning to ensure that the Planning Inspectorate uphold the original decision and refuse permission for this turbine to be constructed. We also want them to strengthen the original refusal decision and add further grounds for refusal.
We believe that the wind turbine should be refused for the five main reasons:
1. If allowed, this wind turbine will destroy a special and unspoilt landscape
2. It could have ecological impact on rare species of bats
3. There would be unacceptable noise impact on local residents
4. It is a commercial development in open countryside with no community benefit
5. If allowed, it will set a precedent for further wind turbines across Monmouthshire and Wales
The original planning application was not supported by anyone on the local community, with were well over 100 objections to made to Monmouthshire County. Council, and we want to ensure that the Planning Inspectorate receives even more objections to the appeal.
We therefore urge you to sign this petition and to write an individual letter of objection.
We do not have long, so please ACT NOW!
Please submit your personalised objection on line here
Today: No Penyclawdd Wind Turbine is counting on you
No Penyclawdd Wind Turbine needs your help with “Mr Rhys Rigby: Say NO to a wind turbine in Penyclawdd, Monmouthshire”. Join No Penyclawdd Wind Turbine and 129 supporters today.