Purva Paksha Conference - Updates
Apr 6, 2016 — Dear scholars and applicants,
Thank you all very much for the expression of interest in the purvapaksha conference. We have passed the last date for submission of applications and we now move to the next stage.
Here is what will happen next.
1. Some of you while you have expressed interest, have not mentioned clearly the topic on which you want to focus your purvapaksha. You are requested to decide that at the earliest and start preparing your abstract. You can choose one of the four topics mentioned in the announcement or you can propose a topic of your choice.
2. Some of you have already submitted your abstract but there are many who have not done so. We request you to start preparing your abstract for your chosen topic. All applicants are requested to submit the abstract of their papers by 20 April 2016 failing which, their candidature for the conference will be cancelled. Those who have already submitted the abstracts, here is a chance for you to work on it further if you wish to. Last date for submission of abstracts is 20 April 2016.
3. Along with the abstract, you are requested to submit a short biodata not exceeding one page. Please note that abstracts not accompanied by the biodata are considered invalid.
4. Once abstracts are submitted, you have a further month and a little more to submit your final paper. Final papers that will be presented at the conference have to be submitted by 25 May 2016. Those who do not submit final papers by 25 May will be automatically disqualified for further advance to the conference.
5. A panel of reviewers will assess the papers you submit and the final list of participants will be decided by this panel by the first week of June and latest by 10 June 2016.
6. Selected candidates will be intimated after the selection process is completed.
7. The conference will be held in Chennai on the dates July 8, 9 and 10. Further details on the venue in Chennai will be intimated in due course.
8. Selected candidates will be reimbursed travel expenses and will be provided bed and board for the duration of the conference if they are from outside Chennai and if they so require. Candidates only from India and residing outside Chennai will be reimbursed air fare travel expenses for economy class. Those wishing to attend the conference from places outside India are requested to make their own arrangements for travel. Bed and board will of course be provided to them if they so desire.
9. If for any reason a selected candidate cannot attend the conference in person, s/he can present her/his paper remotely via skype or submit it to the organisers.
Please send the abstracts, your biodatas and the final papers to Prof. Kannan email@example.com with cc to me.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further clarifications.
We wish you all the very best and look forward to some exciting results.
on behalf of the organising team