Petition the Kane County Forest Preserve Commission to develop a 18-hole disc golf course.
This petition had 302 supporters
- We, the undersigned, members of the community petition the Kane County Forest Preserve Commission to develop plans for a 18-hole disc golf course, and include such plans in the 2016 Comprehensive Master Plan.
- Kane County maintains beautiful wooded and grasslands that will be pleasurably engaged by hundreds of community residents each week, and attract residents from neighboring communities if developed to include recreational disc golf.
- New disc golf courses can be planned, developed and installed at very low expense, and with minimal impact to the natural beauty of Forest Preserve property.
- The Forest Preserve Commission will enhance the health and well being of community residents by including disc golf facilities that can be enjoyed at any age, and any physical condition for a lifetime.
Background & Facts:
- The Kane County Forest Preserve’s mission is to acquire, hold and maintain lands within Kane County Illinois, that contribute to the preservation of natural and historic resources, habitats, flora and fauna; and to restore, restock protect and preserve such lands for the education, recreation and pleasure of all Kane County citizens.
- The Kane County Forest Preserve maintains at least 77 individual properties, golf courses, sports facilities, cultural and historical sites, rental facilities, and preservation or restoration zones.
- Forest Preserve Properties are designated for the following types of recreation: Biking, Fishing, Baseball, Soccer, Hockey, Golf (ball), Camping, Horseback Riding, Geocaching, Dog Walking/Play, Snowboarding, Hiking, Running, Snowshoeing, Snowmobiling, Cross-country Skiing.
- The District is governed by the Forest Preserve Commission.
- Twenty-six Kane County Board members serve as the Forest Preserve Commission.
- Mr. Michael Kenyon from District 16 is the current President of the Forest Preserve Commission.
Forest Preserve District of Kane County
1996 S. Kirk Rd., Ste. 320
Geneva, IL 60134
39W145 Baert Ln
St Charles, IL 60175
Today: Flic is counting on you
Flic Disc needs your help with “Mr. Michael Kenyon, President Forest Preserve Commission Kane County Forest Preserve: Petition the Kane County Forest Preserve Commission to develop a 18-hole disc golf course.”. Join Flic and 301 supporters today.