Reject the proposal Ref;LSG4\5.52404\RH3 which would introduce a contra flow cycle lane onto Manor Road increasing the risk of danger to vulnerable primary school pupils.
This petition made change with 381 supporters!
- Restricted parking means that primary age children that come to school via a car are not able to access the school without crossing a very busy one way road between parked vehicles. A cycle lane flowing in the opposite direction will greatly increase the risk this poses to their health and safety.
- The proposal does not address the statement of reasons included on the order. It would not reduce cycle use on Lord Street nor offer an alternative route to cyclists on Poulton Road as it flows in a different direction to both of these and is indeed a significant distance away from Lord Street. An alternative route via the wider Beach Road would serve the community wishing to access the High Schools.
- We believe that the required consultation in accordance with the Local Authorities' Traffic Orders, Regulations 2012, Part 2, 7 (b) which calls for consulation with such other persons or organisations appearing to be or likely to be affected by the making of the order has not taken place. Shakespeare Primary School, together with local emergency services should have been consulted prior to the order being made.
- We believe that emergency access to Shakespeare Road will be hindered by the proposed traffic island.
- There is existing intolerable congestion at peak times of the day (school dropping off and picking up). School is trying to reduce problems and this proposal would only serve to increase them. This not only endangers children crossing but all users of the road including cyclists.
Following a meeting with the originators of the proposal it was clear that they did not recognise the school's concerns. Please sign this petition and circulate it online as much as possible to let the decision makers, who will receive this, see our concerns. If you would like you can copy and paste the above concerns into your own response. Thank you for your help.
Today: Shakespeare Primary School is counting on you
Shakespeare Primary School needs your help with “Mr Ian Young, LCC County Solicitor,: Reject the proposal Ref;LSG4\5.52404\RH3 which would introduce a contra flow cycle lane onto Manor Road increasing the risk of danger to vulnerable primary school pupils.”. Join Shakespeare Primary School and 380 supporters today.