Take strict actions to stop cheating at Petrol Pumps
This petition had 16 supporters
In India if you own a car or motorbike and visit Petrol Pumps regularly to refill, almost certainly you have been duped by the petrol pump attendants in one way or the other. Whether the meter is not reset to 0 before starting dispensing, or meter is jumped while someone distracts you. You would have left the pump sometimes in confusion and sometimes in anger. Many of you would have already had arguments with them, some may have even lodged a complaint. But this hardly changes anything and they continue to cheat with the next opportunity.
Sign this petition asking Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of State(IC), Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to take strict actions and make stringent rules to stop this cheating. Some rules that must be made compulsory are:
1. Installation of CCTV cameras covering each dispensation point, with meter reading clearly visible.
2. Bills must be provided to each customer even when it’s not specifically asked for.
3. Meters must be set to zero and fuel must be filled with little manual intervention once dispensation starts. It must be made compulsory to type in the quantity or price before starting fuel dispensation and displayed on the panel. Fuel must be filled until dispensation stops on its own.
4. There should also be indicators close to the outlet showing the quantity and price of fuel filled so far.
5. The dispenser must make sounds of beep when the dispensation starts and stops.
6. Complaint books must be easily made available whenever asked for.
7. All rules must be displayed at the pumps such that they are easily visible to all customers. Information on how the complaint book can be sourced or how it could be registered online must be displayed.
Today: Umesh is counting on you
Umesh Bansode needs your help with “Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan, Take strict actions to stop cheating at Petrol Pumps”. Join Umesh and 15 supporters today.