- Marjorie KaplanPresident and General Manager, Animal Planet Media
- Patricia KollappallilSenior Vice President, Communications, Animal Planet
- Tahli KoupersteinDirector, Communications, Animal Planet
- Karin FaillaDirector, Publicity, Animal Planet
- Jared AlbertPublicist, Animal Planet
- Matthew WindsorPublicist, Animal Planet
- Grace SurielManager, Social Media and Strategy, Animal Planet
Move over Oscars! Tell Animal Planet to host the Pawscar Awards and raise awareness about animal rescue
Now that the Oscar nominees have officially been announced, excitement is building for the big event. I have to admit that one of my guilty pleasures is following all the celebrity buzz around the awards. But my bigger passion is my love for dogs and cats and helping rescued animals find happy homes. Here's my idea to combine both.
Have you seen Animal Planet's hilarious and adorable annual special, the Puppy Bowl? Every year before the Super Bowl, Animal Planet airs a special where they have dogs, cats, birds and other animals (this year even hedgehogs!) that are up for adoption play a game of football. Sure it's a little silly, but it's also a great way to spread the word about animal adoption and the work that rescuers like me do to help animals -- and they have a great success rate of helping the animals in the special find happy homes. I'm a big fan of the show and I know I'm not alone.
The Oscars are another great opportunity to raise awareness about the great work that animal rescue groups do and to actually place homeless animals in loving homes. Wouldn't you love to watch an Oscars Pre-Show on Animal Planet? Who wouldn't want to see cute adoptable pups and kittens walking the red carpet and even acting out some of our favorite movie scenes of the year? Additionally, this year, there have been some sad examples of animals not being treated properly in film and TV production. Animal Planet could even celebrate some of the film industry leaders who have taken a high road in their treatment of animal stars.
So if you want to help animals find homes, educate the public about the hard work of animal rescue and shelter organizations and see something truly adorable, join me in asking Animal Planet to air an Oscars Puppy Pre-Show this February!
- President and General Manager, Animal Planet Media
- Senior Vice President, Communications, Animal Planet
- Director, Communications, Animal Planet
- Director, Publicity, Animal Planet
- Publicist, Animal Planet
- Publicist, Animal Planet
- Manager, Social Media and Strategy, Animal Planet
I'm a big fan of the Puppy Bowl and I love that Animal Planet uses it as an opportunity to find happy homes for animals and raise awareness about pet adoption. In fact, I'm such a fan that I would love to see a Puppy Oscar Pre-Show before the Academy Awards this February. Do you think Animal Planet can make it happen?
Anne Teicher started this petition with a single signature, and now has 5,104 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.