On July 1, 2014 the City of Mountain View will be considering an ordinance to restrict parking on all streets in the Old Mountain View Neighborhood. These restrictions are being considered due to the anticipated increase in parking demand from events at Levi’s stadium in Santa Clara. Among the proposals/restrictions are:
- Limit on street parking to 4-5 hours on event days
- No exemptions for residents
- Restrict Event Parking to Certain Lots
- Charge $25 or more for event parking
- Use of License Plate Readers for parking enforcement
What this means to you if these changes are enacted:
- On event days you will have to move your car before the 4-5 hour limit has expired
- If you are a resident, you would still get a ticket.
- Your license plate information could be stored and retained for an indefinite period as Mountain View has no current policy on LPRs.
- Neighborhoods next to OMV could have increased parking issues.
What you can do if you don’t want to see new restrictions to resident parking:
- Email the City Council ( CityCouncil@MountainView.Gov )
- Show up at the July 1st Council Meeting at City Hall
- Sign this petition against putting further restrictions on resident parking.
Video of the Council discussing the new restrictions on resident parking can be seen here:
Jim Neal started this petition with a single signature, and now has 96 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.