Help Neighbors Fight Cell Tower at the Nassau Racquet Club
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Actions you can take:
1. SIGN this petition and forward it to all town residents
2. GO to the Zoning Board meeting on May 23rd at 7:30pm Montgomery Municipal Courtroom
1. Verizon is proposing to build a 135' tower (12 stories tall)
2. The 2,400 sq. ft. "compound area" at its base will be built on the front lawn of the Nassau Racquet Club with a 10’ chain link fence
3. It will be more than twice the height of the tree line and the base is larger than some homes
4. Verizon will remove 44 mature trees from the site
5. Despite the existing adequate service in the area, this gigantic monopole is under consideration to be placed in our community, with extremely close proximity to many residential houses. This tower is to be leased to Verizon and up to 3 additional cell phone carriers.
6. Chapter XVI of the Land Development Ordinances of Montgomery Township states:
“The specific purpose of these provisions is to allow for wireless communication service facilities while, at the same time, limiting the number of antennas and supporting towers to the fewest possible, and only in those locations which do not negatively impact the prevailing rural, residential character of the Township and the quality of life enjoyed by its residents.”
“Specific Goals of these provisions: limit the visual impact of wireless communication antennas, towers and related facilities upon the residences and the streetscapes throughout the Township”
Our opposition is based upon the following concerns:
1. Aesthetics and Hazards: Visual Pollution, noise from 2 onsite generators, potential for collapse of “branches”, radiation, FAA red light.
2. Property Values: Despite assurances from Verizon about aesthetics, this enormous tower cannot be "stealth"; it is more than twice the height of the tree line and the base is larger than some homes. The town is unable to allow the safety of these towers to be debated due to Federal law; however, there clearly will be a detrimental effect on property values. Decrease of property values of residences up to 22% in neighborhoods with cell phone towers.
3. Health and Safety: The World Health Organization classifies ratio frequency radiation as a possible carcinogen
4. Lack of Notice: We were shocked to learn that neighbors within 500 feet of the project site did not receive an initial notice of the plan. Verizon and Montgomery Township have been in the planning process for this project for at least a year. We in the neighborhood were treated as an afterthought. We were denied the time necessary to educate ourselves and understand what this cell tower could mean for our neighborhood. Our community has the right to determine if this sizable cell antenna facility is compatible with our neighborhood. We don't believe it is. Not for ours or any residential neighborhood.
Please sign this petition and forward to other residents and let the Zoning Board know your views.
Today: Ellen is counting on you
Ellen Nusbaum needs your help with “Montgomery Township Zoning Board and Township Committee: Help Neighbors Fight Cell Tower at the Nassau Racquet Club”. Join Ellen and 68 supporters today.