Demand Greg Gianforte Tell Montana Women Why He Wants to Control Our Health Care Decisions
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Montana voters already rejected Greg Gianforte’s attempt to buy the governor’s office last November. But now that Gianforte is running for Congress to be Montana’s ONLY voice in the U.S. House of Representatives, we deserve to know why he wants to let the government control our personal health decisions.
In Congress, Gianforte would have to vote on women’s health issues like:
· Funding for Planned Parenthood clinics, which provide lifesaving cancer screenings, affordable birth control, and other services.
· Whether health insurance plans should be required to cover maternity care – or instead, charge women more for insurance.
· Extreme anti-choice policies like fetal personhood, which could outlaw abortion and many common forms of birth control.
Gianforte is no champion for reproductive freedom. Here’s his record:
· Gianforte gave over $1.7 million to anti-choice groups.
· He ran a foundation that explicitly supported anti-choice causes.
· He funded the Montana Family Foundation, the group behind an attempt to write fetal personhood into the state constitution and outlaw abortion even in cases of rape.
· Gianforte gave almost $700,000 to crisis pregnancy centers – clinics that mislead women about their birth control options.
· Gianforte refuses to defend Planned Parenthood, which more than 14,000 Montana women rely on every year.
Read more about Gianforte’s extreme anti-choice record here.https://rewire.news/article/2017/03/15/funder-running-congress-montana-special-election/
Montanans broadly agree that women's health decisions should be between a woman and her doctor. So voters deserve to know: Why does Greg Gianforte want the government to control our bodies?
Today: Andy is counting on you
Andy Boyd needs your help with “Montana Voters: Demand Greg Gianforte Tell Montana Women Why He Wants to Control Our Health Care Decisions”. Join Andy and 74 supporters today.