Why this petition matters
Help Mona Save Lives!
Mona (1.5 year old black Labrador) passed away on November 26th 2021. Her cause of death was a seratonin overdose from ingesting a drug free supplement called 5-HTP sold by Natrol.
This is not the first time this has happened to a pet. Had I done more research of my own, I might have learned this. Other than my own actions, I believe Mona would still be with me today, had there been a child safe cap on the bottle.
I was told almost a year ago that the company was making it a priority to make changes to the packaging. But today the same bottle is being sold at a 72% price increase and no changes have been made! Oct 2021- $7.81 Oct 2022- $13.43
Natrol is not the only company that has unsafe packaging. Please sign our petition if you want to see change including better packaging and better warnings on potentially fatal supplements!