Fix our tourist attractions for a successful Visit Miri Year 2018
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Visit Miri 2018 is just around the corner but our tourist attractions in the city centre are not ready. They are either in very bad situation or not operating at all.
1. Grand Old Lady and Petroleum Museum - “substandard touch up on our important landmark and the museum is closed until further notice.”
2. Miri City Fan Park - “Missing tiles everywhere, paints peeling off from the walls, exposing nails and wires at the bench, water fountain is not working and landscaping is substandard”
3. Miri Cultural and Heritage Museum - “Promised to be opened in last September in the historical Residence House but to date, no renovation is done. The place is left with rubbish inside and outside the building.”
4. Miri Marina Central Park - “RM5million taxpayer was reported spent on the park. Construction seems to have stopped but the park is half finished. Facilities are not functioning.”
5. Bulatan Park - “The clock on the tower is forever not functioning. Drainage is very bad with water pooling on the walking path, park, children playground. Missing rubbish bin etc”
6. Miri Public Park - “Children playground is broken for many months, the hanging bridge towers in need for a repaint. The shower facility at the water playground is broken. The children facility in the water playground is mouldy”
7. Tanjong Lobang Park - “The oldest recreational park in Miri is in very bad condition. Rust and sharp edges found on children playground. Having a warning band is not enough, it should be fixed or removed altogether. The huts have damaged rooftops and the walkway is mudfilled making it impossible to walk without getting dirty.”
1. Senadin residents have reflected there is a lack of running park and they have to resort to running in the housing areas at risk of knocking down by cars or bitten by dogs.
Today: NOMIDAY is counting on you
NOMIDAY DAJIE needs your help with “Miri Mayor : Fix our parks and museums in Miri for a successful Visit Miri Year 2018”. Join NOMIDAY and 1,809 supporters today.