Support Youth in Getting Minneapolis to 100% Renewable Electricity by 2025
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
- the U.S. has withdrawn from the Paris Agreement
- young people will be burdened with the heaviest impacts of climate change
- the impacts of not taking action on climate change are devastating
- climate scientists have said that not taking action now will make it impossible for us to avoid a disastrous fate
- other cities have committed to reaching 100% renewable electricity
- youth of Minneapolis have indicated a willingness to work with the City Council to create and implement a 100% renewable electricity plan for Minneapolis
We ask that Minneapolis commits to create an actual workable plan that will ensure we will reach 100% renewable electricity in Minneapolis by 2025 in an equitable fashion, including that 25% of the electricity is generated from within the city limits.
We also ask that Minneapolis starts this plan within 30 days of passing a resolution and completes it as soon as possible.
We also ask that youth be formally involved in the creation and implementation of this plan and any climate change related policies in Minneapolis by having at least two voting seats on the Community Environmental Advisory Commission (CEAC) reserved for qualified Minneapolis high schoolers.
Today: iMatter Minneapolis is counting on you
iMatter Minneapolis needs your help with “Minneapolis City Council: Support Youth in Getting Minneapolis to 100% Renewable Electricity by 2025”. Join iMatter Minneapolis and 390 supporters today.