Petition to Review National Service procedures and bullying in camp
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Another tragic loss of life. A promising young man serving full time National Service dies during a ragging incident. This comes within a few weeks of another case of a NSF dying of heat injury during training.
We call for the NSF safety procedures to be be reviewed:
1) any incidents of bullying or targeting any particular recruit should be documented and recruits should be able to give feedback anonymously to the Commanding Officer or any level higher superiors on any incidents in camp. Swift action on perpetrators to prevent further abuse.
2) any 'whistleblower' should be protected from retaliatory action from their supervisors/ others
3) review need for high-risk training activities involving water, explosives etc. To have ambulance on stand by for high risk activities
4) to review period for NS - would 1 year instead of 2 years be better regulated so resources can be channelled to study ways to increase safety measures and implement them
5) NSF with medical conditions to be exempted from activities harmful to their health: to conduct a thorough health screening by medical professionals for all NSF before starting service.
Let's put a stop to the loss of life in National Service. No more preventable deaths. Young men, full of life and hope for the future.
'Stormed at with shot and shell
Boldly they rode and well
Into the jaws of Death
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred'
Today: Genie X is counting on you
Genie X Change needs your help with “Ministry of Youth: Petition to Review National Service procedures and bullying in camp”. Join Genie X and 23 supporters today.