Urge lawmakers to pass stringent laws to criminalize mob-lynching with strict punishment
This petition had 130 supporters
In recent months, several Muslims have been killed for allegedly consuming beef or storing meat in their houses. Many of these incidents were merely based on rumours and none of the culprits have been brought to justice for taking law into their own hands. We, the concerned Muslims and law abiding citizens of India, urge you to sign this petition which is being addressed towards our country's elected leaders and legislators, to put forth our demand in order to introduce and pass stringent laws to criminalize mob-lynching with stricter punishment. This would help deliver justice to the victims by punishing the perpetrators of mob-lynching. We also want to demand that a compensation of INR 50 Lakh be paid to the immediate family of the victim and a suitable government job be provided to a family member for support. The so called cow vigilantes unnecessarily harass minorities at an easy pretext of allegedly possessing meat, even if it’s goat or buffalo meat. It has become a common news these days where these private Gau Raksha Samitis in this country behave as if they have judicial authority to check/confiscate cattle and other animals and then beat up poor laborers. We urge that these activities by private samitis should be banned and rather administered by local law enforcement official within the boundaries of law.
In India, beef is eaten not only by Muslims, but many Dalits, Christians and even Hindus. As long as that right is practiced by non-vegetarian Indians within the boundary defined by law, and without harming cows, any individual or group trying to beat-up or lynch an individual should be punished severely for taking the law into their own hands.
Below data is taken from : List of Lynching Incidents
An incomplete list of recent lynchings since 2015 where people injured in same case or other similar incidents are not included (http://whitepaperonterrorism.com/
1. Mohsin Shaikh (Pune), techie, killed for wearing beard while returning from late evening prayer - 2 June, 2014
2. Syed Farid Khan (Dimapur, Nagaland) lynched by a mob of around 7000 for alleged rape --5 March 2015
3. Muhammad Akhlaq (Bisarha village, Dadri), dragged from his hom and lynched for allegedly keeping beef in his fridge, allegation later proved wrong --28 Sept., 2015
4. Zahid Rasool Bhat (Udhampur), Kashmiri ruck driver, his truck was torched at Udhampur, Jammu, sustained 80 injuries, succumbed to his injuries -- 18 October, 2015
5. Manakkadu Veettil Shabeer (Attingal, Kerala), witness of a crime, lynched hockey sticks in broad daylight -- 31 January, 2016
6-7. Muhammad Majloom and Imtiaz [alias Azad] Khan (Balumath forests, Latehar distt., Jharkhand), lynched and bodies hanged from trees - 18 March 2016
8-9. Mohammad Sadam and Mohammad Farooque (Imphal), both students, at Mayang Imphal Yangbi Garden, Manipur, lynched in a communal incident -- 7 April, 2016
10. Ajju Husain (Choti Sadri, Chittorgarh dist.), cattle trader paraded naked, lynched -- 30 May 2016
11. Mohammed Ayyub (Anandnagar, Gujajrat), assaulted by cow vigilantes on 12September, 2016for transporting two calves, succumbed to his injuries on 17 September 2016
12. Noman (Sarahan, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh) for allegedly trying to smuggle cows to Uttar Pradesh -- in the intervening night of October 14-15, 2016
13. Pehlu Khan of Jaisinghpur, Nuh, Haryana, lynched at Alwar for transporting cows for his dairy business - 1 April, 2017
14. Mohammed Shalik, 19, was beaten brutally over love affair with a Hindu girl, succumbed to his injuries - 5 April 2017
15-16. Abu Hanifa and Riyazuddin Ali (Nagaon) lynched by villagers on suspicion of stealing cows – 30 April, 2017
17. Salman (Bhopal), dragged against SUV and later his head smashed against water tanker, then ran over under the SUV in full public view – 7 May, 2017
18-21. Naim, Sheikh Sajju, Sheikh Siraj and Sheikh Halim (Shobhapur, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand) lynched by mob over unproven allegation of child-lifting – 18 May, 2017
22. Shabbir Shaikh Masoom, burnt alive by rioters in Nandubar, Maharashtra – 10 June, 2017
23. Zafar Khan, social activist and CPI-ML leader, beaten to death allegedly by staffers of municipality in Pratapgarh town, Rajasthan, for objecting to their photographing women defacting in the open - 16 June, 2017.
24. Junaid Khan, 16-year-old boy of Kandhawli, Ballabhgarh, Haryana, stabbed to death near Palwala while travelling in a local train, accused of eating beef (his two brothers also severely injured) – 22 June, 2017
25. Muhammad Ayub Pandit, DSP, Kashmir Police, lynched by mob in Srinagar – 22 June, 2017
26. Karan (10, Dalit) and Nisar (11, Muslim) were buried alive by sand mafia for objecting to its illegal activity, -- c. 22 June, 2017
27. Ravinder Kumar, e-rickshaw driver, beaten to death in Delhi for objecting to two men’s urinating on the road --28 May, 2017
(Compiled by Zafarul-Islam Khan who is currently working on a Whitepaper on Terrorism in India, click to pre-order a copy) 26 June, 2017
Today: Sahas is counting on you
Sahas Foundation needs your help with “Ministry of Law and Justice - Govt. of India: Urge lawmakers to pass stringent laws to criminalize mob-lynching with strict punishment”. Join Sahas and 129 supporters today.