Regulate the cap on Notice Period for working class.
Employees of Indian companies and especially MNCs are facing a new kind of exploitation, the Notice Period. These companies have no instructions from any Govt. authority to regulate the upper limit of notice period in case an employee resigns. As a result, they are using notice period as a tool to mentally harass employees. Many of them don't hesitate to terminate the employee without giving any notice/compensation.
In US, any employee/employer can move on by giving 2 weeks notice. However the companies working in India conveniently exploit the employees with a notice period that can go as high as 90 days. No matter how crucial the employee is, does it take 3 whole months to replace him/her?
The main motive is to lower their attrition rate which works as follows.
1. The employees looking for a job switch would rarely be able to convince the new employer to wait for such long durations.
2. The employee looses valuable opportunities.
3. They are stuck with the present employer unwillingly.
4. Knowing that the employee is stuck with them for a long time, many employers feel free to mistreat/harass employees.
Furthermore, now a days some of these employers have gone to a whole new level by threatening the employees about legal consequences, termination letter, etc in case they try to break this rule of slavery.
I request the honorable Labour minister Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, to take a look into this matter and take strict actions to avoid such exploitation and harassment of the working class.
- Ministry of Labour and Employment
Please regulate the cap on Notice Period for working class
Today: S M is counting on you
S M Khan needs your help with “Ministry of Labour and Employment: Regulate the cap on Notice Period for working class”. Join S M and 33,871 supporters today.