What is the future of co-production film market Film Bazaar by NFDC? Help save it.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
On 7 July, the appointment of Manoj Kumar Pingua, 1994 batch IAS officer and joint secretary of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India was announced as the acting Manager of NFDC India.
A few months ago, there were rumours of closing NFDC down under Smriti Irani's tenure. Word now is that this ministry of Government of India, now led by Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, wants to keep it alive but merge — the Directorate of Film Festivals (DFF), and Children's Film Society, India (CFSI) — with state-funded NFDC.
The previous Managing Director of NFDC is Nina Lath Gupta, sacked 5 months ago. The website of the co-production film market called Film Bazaar, her baby which has helped many indie filmmakers' babies to take flight, has been down for a while. [https://filmbazaarindia.com - "Down For Maintenance."] Just like its website, the fate of one of the strongest advocates of Indian independent cinema seems unknown. And for months it seemed, the co-production film market might not happen.
Is the appointment a sign for hope? Would it help if all the filmmakers whose lives were impacted, wrote to joint petition to MIB & NFDC? Could you please do something for the ones to come so they can have a shot at their dreams?
An incomplete list in no particular order below -
1. The Girl in Yellow Boots by Anurag Kashyap
2. Shanghai by Dibakar Banerjee
3. Dum Lagaa Ke Haisha by Sharat Katariya
4. Lunchbox by Ritesh Batra
5. Masaan by Neeraj Ghaywan
6. Manto by Nandita Das
7. Margarita with a Straw by Shonali Bose
8. Lipstick Under My Burkha by Alankrita Shrivastava
9. Miss Lovely by Ashim Ahluwalia
10. Court by Chaitanya Tamhane
11. Ship of Theseus by Anand Gandhi
12. No Land’s Man by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki
13. Jonaki by Aditya Vikram Sengupta
14. What Will People Say by Iram Haq
15. Chumbak by Sandeep Modi
16. Ashwathama by Pushpendra Singh
17. The Hungry by Bornila Chatterjee
18. Liar’s Dice by Geetu Mohan Das
19. Beyond the Known World & 20. Angry Indian Goddesses by Pan Nalin
21. Sulemaani Keeda by Amit V Masurkar
22. Qissa by Anup Singh
23. B.A.Pass by Ajay Bahl
24. Titli by Kanu Behl
25. Tasher Desh by Qaushiq Mukherjee
26. Killa by Avinash Arun
27. Chauranga by Bikas Mishra
28. Mumbai Cha Raja by Manjeet Singh
29. The Good Road by Gyan Correa
30. Mantra by Nicholas Kharkongor
Today: filmtribe is counting on you
filmtribe needs your help with “Ministry of Information and Broadcasting India: What is the future of co-production film market Film Bazaar by NFDC? Can we save it?”. Join filmtribe and 16 supporters today.