Save Kottakupam (Tamil Nadu) from hygienic catastrophe
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
We are the people, living at Diwankandappa nagar, Periyamudaliarchavadi,
Kottakuppam - 605104, testifying that there is no waste management in our area
1. Waste is collected in leaving areas (special between 5 and 9 buildings, in empty land) without control and cleaning.
2. Residents have to throw waste near houses, because of absence of waste service in area.
3. No house to house collection of waste. No community bin, no timing for waste collection, no vehicle from government service at all.
4. Two service ladies are coming everyday but they are not able to collect waste and take it away, so they throwing it near (less then 20 meters) houses, in empty areas.
5. Sometimes they burn the waste – which create even more dangerous condition of air, and which is prohibited according Tamil Nadu waist regulation.
All this create dangerous for health, contradicties states rules of waist management, spoils lands, air and environment. We have a lot of kids in area, who have to breathe stinky air and catch skin problems. The situation in Diwankandappa nagar and Kottakuppam in general is not civilized and needs to be solved immediately.
New building are under construction nearby, and will be ready for new residents soon, they will also throw everything without management, and together are going to have hygienic catastrophe.
We are demanding to accept this petition and to follow state waste rules (Solid Waste Management Rules, 2015, Notification from MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, FOREST AND CLIMATE CHANGE NOTIFICATION change G.S.R. number 451 3d June 2015,Notification from MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, FOREST AND CLIMATE CHANGE NOTIFICATION, New Delhi, the 8th April, 2016 SCHEDULE II).
I. Organising house-to-house collection (Community bin collection or at pre-informed everyday timings or by using musical bell ringing vehicle);
II. Devising collection of wastes from slums and squatter areas or localities (hotels, shops)
III. Collected wastes from residential areas and other areas shall be transferred to community bin by hand-driven containerised carts or other small vehicles;
IV. Horticultural and construction or demolition wastes or debris shall be separately collected and disposed off as per norms
V. Wastes shall not be burnt;
VI. Stray animals shall not be allowed to move around waste storage facilities or other places and shall be managed in accordance with the State laws.
Residentials of Diwankandappa nagar, Periyamudaliarchavadi,
Kottakuppam - 605104,
Today: Wasteless Kottakuppam is counting on you
Wasteless Kottakuppam needs your help with “Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India : Save Kottakupam (Tamil Nadu) from hygienic catastrophe”. Join Wasteless Kottakuppam and 102 supporters today.