IT industry :- Hiring & firing - Process Improvement and Government Visibility
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In India IT Services industry was established in 1967.
Its been almost more than 50 years, and within 10 year, we face 2008 recession and similar slowdowns in IT industry, there are different reasons given by industry experts as well as IT companies, by the result thousands of IT professionals have been fired by giving reason of business loss and poor performance.
We agree if IT companies wont have visibility of growth in respective domain, they can reduce the employee headcount.
But recent 5 years observation and complaint from all major IT Companies professionals need to address issue in more formal manner.
Lots of good performer were being fired , that is reason we are filing this petition.
We want below five point agenda to be followed by IT companies and monitor by
"Ministry of Labour and Employment"
1. Government should appoint a POC(Point of Contact) person when IT companies hiring and firing.
2. POC will monitor and will discuss process the employee and employer based on performance.
3. IT companies should start process for Skillset development , 2 month in every year, rather than keeping on bench, employee should be allowed to develop, learn and present his/her learning under Performance improvement program.
4. There should be basic eligibility criteria to work in IT industry, educational background, like Graduates from Computer science can work in Core IT, Electronics graduate can work in Embedded , telecom based IT companies and so on Mechanical background should only eligible for IT companies which works in respective field.
5. If the both party Employee and Employer doesn't agree on performance discussion result, Employer decide to terminate employee based on mutual agreement, then employer has to provide minimum 6 month full salary to fired employee on good note.
Today: Dheeraj is counting on you
Dheeraj Pofley needs your help with “Ministry of : Hiring & firing - Process Improvement and Government Visibility”. Join Dheeraj and 28 supporters today.