Reduce the plastic bottle waste by putting a refundable deposit money in each bottle price
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In india we see lot of plastic bottles are thrown away by the people everywhere. Plastic bottles are very dangerous for the environment and should be always destroyed and shall then be recycled later. However its a pity that most of the people in India do not care about the environment and just throw away the used plastic bottles (from cold drinks, mineral water, juices etc) just after use. These is poisioning our lands as well as the sea. The natural drinking water underground is also receiving this poison. So here is the solution German govt. established and its a big hit. Please read the below points to understand.
- Every bottle price may include a Pfand (refundable deposit). For example for a bottle of mineral water if current price is 20Rs. you need to actually pay 25Rs.
- There can be plastic bottle deposit machine in grocery stores like Big bazaar, Hypercity or even in smaller stores.
- Person who posses a plastic bottle can get his 5Rs. back after he deposits it in the machine. So there is no loss for him. He gets his money back.
- Machine crushes the bottle instantly and later sends it to the recycle plant.
- There shall be govt. machines that directly disposes money and some machines can be set up by the retail shops privately.
- What will the retail store gain ? The machine may provide slips that mentions the money to be refunded and can be used as reduction with final bill and customer has to buy something. This is a big gain for the retailers.
- Ultimately everyone is happy and environment can be saved.
Today: Soumyajit is counting on you
Soumyajit Roy needs your help with “Ministry of Environment: Reduce the plastic bottle waste by putting a refundable deposit money in each bottle price”. Join Soumyajit and 14 supporters today.