Appealing government to act on climate change
This petition had 26 supporters
Climate Change is becoming a major issue day by day.Temperature is rising and ground water table is decreasing.Period of summer and winter season is getting imbalanced year after year as earth is becoming hot.Major steps are needed to curb this problem in the near future.
Rising temperature is adding discomfort to the lives of people.Flora and Fauna is also getting badly affected due to this.Energy consumption is increasing which ultimately results into increase of temperature.We are entrapped in the vicious circle of rising degrees.India has been ranked 141 on EPI (Environmental Performance Index). EPI ranks country's performance on high priority environmental issues.Our country reached this stage because of the lack of government planning to deal with complex weather system.
We need to be aware of our responsibilities and make appeal to the government and political parties to be aware of their responsibilities too.Problem will be solved when government and political parties will make climate change a political issue and a major agenda in the party manifestos.
Some of the important steps to be considered are:-
- Make and implement policies to increase forest cover of the country.
- Rain water harvesting should be made mandatory in government and private concerns.
- Heat insulation of building roofs should be mandatory in the commercial buildings so that number of AC's may get reduced.
- All the footpaths,walkways and parking spaces should be constructed of porous concrete to catch rainwater and send it directly into soil.
- Xeriscaping (water conserving landscapes)should be practiced in all public gardens and roadsides and should be made mandatory in schools,Colleges and universities.
- Introduce CNG vehicles all over the country.
- Reduce carbon footprint and per capita emission of the country.
I recommend present government and upcoming governments to emphasis upon the issue of Climate change and sustainable development.By signing this petition let us raise our voice for better,greener and sustainable future.This petition will be handed over to the ministry of environment,Forest and climate change of government of India and the heads of the all the National Political Parties.
Please support and share this petition to reach maximum mass for support and signatures.
I am working on the awareness for climate change and a private consultant in High performance concrete and Green Buildings.
Today: Ashraf is counting on you
Ashraf Bhatti needs your help with “Ministry of Environment,Forest and Climate Change,Government of India: Appealing government to act on climate change”. Join Ashraf and 25 supporters today.