Ban the Blue Whale Challenge!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Ban the Blue Whale Challenge!
Lately this game blue whale has been making rounds on news and social media. I am shocked to read news articles that there is a game out there which has claimed the lives of innocent teenagers all over the world. The game seems to have originated in Russia but it is available on the gaming platforms and social media apps in many countries over the world.
The game spans over a period of 50 days and the concerned player needs to complete a set of tasks to move up each level. And each of these tasks involves self –harming actions like that of carving their hand with a razor, cutting themselves, poking themselves with needle repetitively and watching scary videos etc., to name a few. One of the task is even to draw the whale on the hand. The ultimate task is to complete the game is to commit suicide.
This is such a dangerous game that has driven children and teenagers to end their lives and some children out of curiosity have even played the game up to certain levels. This game has created an impression on innocent minds who have become addicted to it and develops an obsession to finish the game no matter what.
I sincerely urge the government to take immediate action to ban this game and to completely remove any link that may lead up to this game from all social media applications and from all the search engines and Google.
The following are what the government needs to take an action on immediately:
· This blue whale challenge game must be immediately banned and all links connected to playing the game must be removed immediately from the online platform.
· The government needs to set up a committee that has a screening process as to what sort of games can be uploaded on to the gaming platform.
· There must be a Board set up like that of Censor Board which must contain technical experts who must be first to review the game or the respective application and only then such an application may be allowed to be uploaded online on to the platform.
· When a game or application is first reviewed by the concerned Board/Committee which needs to be set up, the government may certify it or issue a license thereby implementing a check on what kind of games or applications may be added newly.
· Such other games that are dangerous and creating a harmful surrounding for the child or the player must be banned immediately and stringent action must be taken against the persons/organisations that are responsible for creating such applications.
· So far, there is no central legislation or regulation pertaining to Online Gaming in India except that of Sikkim Gaming Regulation Act, 2008. There is an urgent necessity to introduce a Central Act based on Online Gaming having a wider scope and consisting of all necessary rules and regulations keeping in mind, the impact of on psychological and physical safety of players and children, procedure of licensing, setting up a Board/Committee to review the same and impose penalties and take criminal action against the defaulters.
1. Shri. Ravi Shankar Prasad
Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology
Ministry for Electronics and Information Technology
2. Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani
Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting,
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Today: dhaaranee is counting on you
dhaaranee krb needs your help with “Ministry for Electronics and Information Technology and : Ban the Blue Whale Challenge!”. Join dhaaranee and 175 supporters today.