Your Child is your child no matter what AGE- an unjust decision made on an 802 Child visa.
This petition had 2,395 supporters
· Seeking a review and update of the old child visa policies.
· There is a need for a change to enable families to stay together
My name is Sharon Blevin, proud Australian Citizen and Irish Citizen, my daughter Leah Curran has lost her last hope of staying in this great country as of Thursday 18th February 2016 after an Administrative Appeals Tribunal hearing in Sydney. Leah is an amazing young, enthusiastic woman with a lot to offer both her family and the Australian community in which she has become an integral part of. Leah’s brother (14) and sister (18) are both Australian citizens and are devastated to know that Australia does not support their family unity with the decision to reject an appeal application that are akin to outdated and unsympathetic immigration policies.
The tribunal was not satisfied that Leah met study requirements even though there is a legally valid reason for this.
It saddens the whole family both in Australia and Ireland to have my daughter, my eldest child to be told that she will not be accepted as a resident of such a prosperous and generous country as Australia, one which prides itself on multi-culturalism, with a fair go attitude and compassion. The later seemingly lost on a technicality in the courts that has shattered Leah’s hopes and dreams.
In the last week I have contacted our Federal Minster of Parliament and also gathering character references and support letters from my local community that support our family and Leah in an endeavour for her to remain in Australia. We have met with the Irish Welfare Bureau and the Irish Consulate for support.
Over the last 3 years our family has spent an exorbitant amount of time and money on immigration lawyers and have provided honest and transparent information for the process, only to be told that Leah’s application has been rejected. We stand with others who are experiencing the same response and want to make a change where a change is needed – please support our cause in keeping our family together.
Our Families Goals:
· To present my daughter’s case to the Minster of Immigration and Border Security and ask for reconsideration and assessment of the ruling made on 18th February 2016.
· A review of the transcript will provide evidence alone of the attitudinal judgement made and treatment of my daughter during the hearing.
· To have Leah be able to live with me, her mother, my husband , her sister , brother and two step sisters, and to live a normal family life in this beautiful country we call home
Today: Sharon is counting on you
Sharon Blevin needs your help with “Minister of Immigration and Border Security : Your Child is your child no matter what AGE- an unjust decision made on an 802 Child visa.”. Join Sharon and 2,394 supporters today.