IISER Bhopal- Please Stop Illegal Recruitments !!!
This petition had 50 supporters
IISER Bhopal, fourth in the chain of IISERs, has been set up by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India with the unique objective of creating research universities of highest caliber. To achieve such an objective, the Institutes have to value merit in appointments and follow stringent rules. This petition highlights the Registrar appointment at IISER Bhopal and raises important questions whether merit was valued and whether MHRD guidelines were followed.
Shri K. V. Satya Murty, the present Registrar of IISER Bhopal, had only 4.5 years of administrative experience as Assistant Registrar at the time of application for the post of Registrar IISER Bhopal (RTI Reply ). This is in stark violation of MHRD regulation (No. 1-32/2006-U.II/U.I (ii) dated 31st December, 2008 & F. No. 23-1/2008-TS.II dated 18th August 2009) which clearly state that the post of Registrar shall continue to be filled through direct recruitment as per the existing criterion:
(i) at least 15 years of experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP of Rs.7000 and above or with 8 years of service in the AGP of Rs. 8000 and above including as Associate Professor along with the experience in educational administration. or
(ii) Comparable experience in research establishment and /or other institutions of higher education, or
(iii) 15 years of administrative experience, of which 8 years shall be as Deputy registrar or an equivalent post.
From the above, it can be clearly seen that present registrar IISER Bhopal clearly lacked the MHRD required experience for the post of registrar. Several other candidates, who were better-qualified and satisfying MHRD requirement, were disqualified from the post of registrar IISER Bhopal (RTI Reply).
Salient points are-
- Present Registrar of IISER Bhopal had only 4.5 year of experience as Assistant Registrar at IIT Kanpur.
- MHRD require 15 years of experience out of which 8 years at the level of Deputy Registrar
- Registrar IISER Bhopal appointment does not obey MHRD rules and regulations
- Registrar IISER Bhopal is drawing UGC/MHRD pay scales despite non obeyance of MHRD rules and regulations
- Registrar IISER Bhopal hails from IIT Kanpur, which is also the parent institution of Director IISER Bhopal. Elements of favoritism and nepotism in the present registrar appointment need to be investigated by MHRD.
It is kindly requested that the Registrar appointment at IISER Bhopal be investigated and the people responsible for violations be penalized immediately, so that justice may be done to the People of India.
Today: Advocate Krishna Kumar is counting on you
Advocate Krishna Kumar Ojha needs your help with “Minister of Human Resource Development: IISER Bhopal- Please Stop Illegal Recruitments !!!”. Join Advocate Krishna Kumar and 49 supporters today.