All Health Insurance Companies must provide Full Health Insurance cover to Organ Donors
This petition had 18 supporters
The Govt of India spends lot of money of promoting Organ Donation, but hardly has come out with any scheme, like many countries eg Sweden etc, to encourage donation. Rather the Pvt Insurance companies are discouraging organ donation by refusing to provide insurance cover to the Organ Donors. Recently Apollo Munich refused a donor to provide health insurance cover on the ground that he has donated his Kidney. Its highly disgusting and shameful.
I therefore appeal to the Govt to take up following at the earliest:
!.The Govt of India must look into it and bring out legislation or Executives orders making it compulsory for all Insurance companies to to not only provide Full health Insurance cover to donors, but also to give them at least 15% discount on the premium.
2.Govts to Provide free health cover and treatment to all donors in all Govt Hospitals,
3. The . govt to provide Income Tax Rebate to donors on the lines of what they provide to the handicapped.
5. The Donors may be accorded priority in admissions, job , travel reservations etc for their lifetime.
6. The travel , boarding and lodging and hospital expenses of a donors, while he is of donors should be met through a special purpose corpus created by the Govt, and disbursed directly by the hospitals concerned, and the hospitals to claim from the Govt Corpus.
6. The donors may be provided life insurance at a discounted premium.
7. The Govt may study the best practices of some other countries, and adopt them in its legislation.
Today: Anand is counting on you
Anand Kumar needs your help with “Minister of Health & family Welfare: All Health Insurance Companies must provide Full Health Insurance cover to Organ Donors”. Join Anand and 17 supporters today.