- Mike BoninCD 11 Councilmember, Los Angeles City Council
- Tricia KeanePlanning, CD11
- VNC BoardVenice Neighborhood Council
- LUPCVenice Neighborhood Council, Land Use & Planning Comte. (LUPC)
- Debbie Dyner HarrisDistrict Director, CD11
- Paul BackstromTransportation Policy Director, CD11
NO CAR LIFTS IN VENICE!
OH NO! VENICE NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ENDORSES CAR LIFTS AS ADDITIONAL BEACH PARKING AT VENICE BEACH!
FEB 17, 2015 Venice - In a series of resolutions and endorsements, the Venice Neighborhood Council (VNC) approved the addition of thirty (30) automated car lifts at the Windward Circle, Venice Beach.
At the surface parking lot located at 29-47 Windward Ave., the VNC approved the addition of 30 automated/hydraulic car lifts which will ONLY increase parking capacity from 38 to a measly 68 spaces!
"The most important issue facing Venice is parking and, tonight, we helped alleviate the lack of parking right at the Windward Circle," offered President Mike Newhouse. "This kind of NUTS (and bolts) problem-solving is at the heart of why we have grass roots representation here in Los Angeles with neighborhood councils." (Thnx, Mike, we think it's NUTS, too!)
THIS VOTE WILL SET A PRECEDENT FOR CAR LIFTS IN VENICE - PERIOD - IS THIS WHAT WE WANT? 30 CAR LIFTS WILL ONLY MAKE 30 EXTRA PARKING SPOTS -- PLEASE SIGN OUR PETITION TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD. LET'S STOP THIS NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
- CD 11 Councilmember, Los Angeles City Council
- Planning, CD11
- Venice Neighborhood Council
- Venice Neighborhood Council, Land Use & Planning Comte. (LUPC)
- District Director, CD11
Debbie Dyner Harris
- Transportation Policy Director, CD11
NO CAR LIFTS IN VENICE!
We, the undersigned, disagree with your decision and request that you: Councilmember Mike Bonin, and the Venice Neighborhood Council, reconsider your plan to set a precedent for car parking lifts in Venice!
Given the fact that 30 car lifts will only park 30 additional cars, we believe:
1) this is a wasteful and ineffective use of Venice Parking Funds;
2) car lifts would create blight and more traffic jams in this already dense area;
3) this plan has not been fully studied in regard to safety and noise.
This is NOT a viable solution, nor a precedent that we should create in an already crowded and volatile area of Venice, so close to the beach!
Benefit Network started this petition with a single signature, and now has 72 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Benefit Network is counting on you
Benefit Network needs your help with “Mike Bonin: NO CAR LIFTS IN VENICE!”. Join Benefit Network and 71 supporters today.