Save Acklam Hall
This petition had 1,858 supporters
- It is Middlesbrough's only Grade 1 listed building.
- Restore the hall but do not turn it into yet another new build housing estate!
- The land has been sold to developers to build houses on either side, a block of executive flats, a doctor's surgery and a care home at the back. All of which could be accommodated on brown field sites less than 1 mile away.
- It was built in 1680 and, along with the Avenue of Trees and the duck pond, is a green space enjoyed by the people of Middlesbrough for generations.
- Internally the building features a magnificent main staircase with balustrade carved in spirals and helixes; it also houses spectacular plaster worked ceilings.
- The development as it stands will irrevocably alter this unique and historical landmark and desecrate the surrounding area.
Today: Tim is counting on you
Tim McGuinness needs your help with “Middlesbrough Council: Save Acklam Hall”. Join Tim and 1,857 supporters today.