OBJECTION to modification seeking to delete condition 3 of Development 169/2010/DA/B
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
MANUFACTURED HOMES ESTATE LOT 1 LEWIS ST , 169/2010/DA/B
The proposed modification seeks to delete Condition 3 of Development Consent 169/2010/DA removing the requirement that a public road connection to Wyden Street be constructed AT ALL. A new traffic report submitted by Gateway focuses on Wyden, Clerke, David, Hall, Pacific through to Lewis and George Sts being the proposed route for all vehicles during and post development.
ISSUES with the request & new reports :
- Many of the specific requests for information Council made have been ignored.
- These reports ( paid for by Gateway ) fail to mention any heavy vehicle traffic required to begin and perform the infrastructure construction phase. Restrictions ( esp. around the school ) on the trucks carrying the dwellings may not apply to the infrastructure vehicles.
- The report ignores the use of David Street past the school and Old Bar Road completely. ( the most direct route )
- Lewis St upgrade to be completed after the heavy traffic infrastructure phase - the street does not have the pavement for 2 cars as it is now.
- Road usage, times, routes etc. post development are loose assumptions at best. - There remain unanswered safety concerns with regard to foot traffic.
- Concerns over emergency vehicle access and the compromised safety situation.
SERIOUS SAFETY CONCERNS In case of a bushfire or other emergency event - ALL existing residents, visitors and beach goers past the FLOW BAR and the proposed developments residents MUST use the narrow David St culvert as an evacuation route. This severely hinders emergency vehicle access and would create an unacceptable and life threatening risk. A new access road MUST be built to ensure the safety of residents. Condition 3 MUST be upheld.
You can view the DA online at midcoast.gov.nsw.au using the DA tracking Ref: 169/2010/DA/B, Lot 1 Lewis Street, Old Bar . Gateway Lifestyle.
Today: OLD BAR COMMUNITY is counting on you
OLD BAR COMMUNITY needs your help with “MIDCOAST COUNCIL : OBJECTION to modification seeking to delete condition 3 of Development 169/2010/DA/B”. Join OLD BAR COMMUNITY and 350 supporters today.