NO buildings on Darwinia Terrace, Chapman
This petition had 24 supporters
The ACT government plans to put potentially vulnerable people in harm's way in a Bushfire Prone Area by building 20 public housing flats. We want the government to STOP building on Block 1, Section 45 and keep this a green community space. Reasons outlined below:
- the building of flats are based on deceptive 'technical amendments' done to the zoning WITHOUT consultation -(this means anywhere in Canberra, community-zoned land can be used for urban infill at any time).
- the land is for community use, and they enjoy this area;
- wildlife use this as a green corridor;
- turning circles are insufficient for emergency vehicles;
- it is a poor site for public housing flats from a services viewpoint - far away from amenities;
- there is no commitment as to who is being located the units;
- it is a high-cost option that doesn't achieve the Government's stated policy objectives;
- parking will be in short supply.
Today: Rachelof is counting on you
Rachelof Gables needs your help with “Mick Gentleman: No building on Darwinia Terrace, Chapman”. Join Rachelof and 23 supporters today.