In the past few years, our city has been rocked by numerous scandals which have come to define Jorge Gonzalez's administration and brought into question his judgement, his leadership and his ability to properly manage our city.
Miami Beach needs to rid itself of the corruption that has been exposed in the newspaper on a regular basis. He has been the top administrator for the past 12 years and hired all the management personnel responsable for these scandals. At this juncture, our Miami Beach elected officials have a responsability to perform their duties and exercise their powers as given to them in the City's Charter and fire Jorge Gonzalez. for cause in light of those scandals:
Scandals listed chronologically:
* Feds bust Miami Beach Code Inspectors, Fire Inspectors for shake-down charges.
* City found guilty of sexual discrimination against a female fire-fighter by a jury, and Judge awards her 700,000.00 - City vowed to appeal.
* Former Procurement Director accuses Jorge Gonzalez of personally interfering with bid extension to favor a certain developer and fire him as a scapegoat.
* City fires Procurement Director Gus Lopez, for possible cone of silence violations. (Last week)
* 2 Police officers drinking on off-duty in marked police cars & other improprieties. (March 30, 2012)
* City Manager's and City Attorney's contracts were never approved by ordinance as per City Charter. Both are being paid illegally at this time. (Mid-March).
* Police Officers drinking on duty and one of them taking a female companion on ATV ride, and injuring 2 persons on the beach.
* Police officers shooting and killing an unarmed youth on Memorial Day Week-end
* New Symphony officials shakenn down by Jorge Gonzalez & Hilda Fernandez for free tickets
*Jorge Gonzalez's hiring Cynthia Curry as Building Director despite the known fact that her husband's firm had admitted double-billing the County on a county contract while she was an Assistant County Manager.
* Systematic cover up by City Administration into the PAL misuse of funds.
* Police officers beating gays by Flamingo Park with impunity for two years.
Fire Jorge Gonzalez, Miami Beach City Manager for the past 12 years
In the past year, our city has been rocked by numerous scandals which have come to define Jorge Gonzalez's administration and brought into question his judgement, his leadership and his ability to properly manage our city.