Encourage Education Minister Hunter to Meet w/ Community Members Following School Closures
This petition had 16 supporters
- The UCDSB has approved many changes to Elementary Schools in North Grenville
- MPP Clark has requested that Honourable Education Minister Mitzie Hunter meet with all mayors and community members in Leeds-Grenville that have been affected by the closure of rural schools
- Access to a comprehensive education for all our children is foremost in our thoughts as parents
- We as parents make the decision to live in a school district based on the level of education we feel will most benefit our children. Schools are chosen based on interaction and availability of staff to the children and the parents, the level of support that is seen from the parents of the children, and the environment within which our children will be learning.
- We would appreciate a meeting with you to discuss the effects that the school closures and programming changes will have on our children’s education.
- We recognize that the decisions of the School Board to close these schools are based on funding availability and cost recovery based on the number of enrolled children in the schools and projected enrollment over the next few years.
- We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the effects overcrowding and rural school closures have on our children’s education.
- We would also like the opportunity to discuss alternative options to the closure of these schools and curbing the overpopulation in other district schools by allowing overlapping school boundaries and expanding the educational resources to include courses that reflect the ever-advancing technology in today’s society.
- We want to be involved in the solution
Today: BK is counting on you
BK Lekx-Toniolo needs your help with “firstname.lastname@example.org: Encourage Education Minister Hunter to Meet w/ Community Members Following School Closures”. Join BK and 15 supporters today.