Currently Congress is reviewing cutting benefits of millions of americans while keeping their perks and benefit intact. They must not be treated differently than any average hard working american. If the hatred and childish behaviour we are currently witnessing in the congress does not end soon we must fire the elected representative whether a Democrate or Republican and elect a new member who puts the interest of millions of hard working americans before the party. If necessary, the time is now to start a new 3rd party "All American" that governs from the middle representing the most americans: This party can start with the following platform:
1) Balance the Budget in the next 8 years.
2) Make a pledge to make America energy independent over the next 8 yrs. Start using natural gas for converting national Buses, Trucks and all gas guzzling vehicles to natural gas in the first phase. In many countries mass transit buses and some private automobiles already run on natural gas which is cleaner than regular gas. The technology already exist.
3) Cut the budget of non-essential and non-productive Federal Departments in half.
4) Cut the budget of every other Federal Department except Defense by 10%
5) Review Defense and cut all the waste wherever possible and feasible. Strengthen wherever necessary.
6) Put wage and price freeze across america until we balance the Federal Budget that includes Congress, Federal Employees and ordinary americans
7) Cut the Expense Budgets of Congressman by 15% and put a mandate that they must travel in economy class in public airlines like most americans do.
8) Give Tax Breaks to companies that innovate and manufacture in america using american workers.
9) Close all corporate loopholes, stop all susidies to large oil companies and other profitable public corporations. All large corporation should pay a minimum of 15% corporate tax, no exceptions.
10) Give incentives and low rate loans to bonafide new start-up small companies with a strong business plan that would employ more than 10 employees.
11) Re-evaluate all trade agreements and stop all unfair trade practices by all foreign countries.
12) Give 10% Tax Credit to anyone buying an american car or any american made large ticket item.
13) Require banks to approve all mortgages in a timely manner with clear guidelines to stimulate home buying. Hold banks accountable if they turn down any qualified loan application in a timely manner. Offer $2000 Tax Credit to a qualified new home buyer for the next 3 years
14) Introduce a new 2% National Debt Reduction Tax for all the ordinary american tax payers. Anyone making more than half a million dollars ($500,000) per year would pay 3% National Debt Reduction Tax while all corporations with the revenues over 1 Billion Dollars would pay 4% National Debt Reduction Tax. The budgets of all the federal departments would be frozen until the federal budget is balanced. THIS TAX MUST BE ELIMINATED UPON BALANCING THE FEDERAL BUDGET with a going forward balanced budget amendment without this added tax.
15) Put a 5% National Debt Reduction Tax on all the chinese imports until the federal budget is balanced.
16) The Social Security and Medical Benefits of all the individuals over 58 yrs would be protected while looking to eliminate waste without reduction in benefits. In the future, Congress should not be allowed to dip in to Social Security and Medical trust fund. The Congress and the Federal Employees will not have a separate program. All individuals should be given control of their own accounts with a liminated safe investment options similar to the options available in the annuities offered by many private insurance companies.
IF YOU AGREE, PLEASE MAIL THIS TO EVERYONE CONCERNED ABOUT OUR ECONOMY AND SERIOUS ABOUT FIXING THE PROBLEMS. We must be strong at home to be strong abroad. If we don't fix our problems at home, we would become a laughing stock in the rest of the world. Fire any elected official who play the partisan politics and ignore the reality and fail to understand the pain of ordinary citizens. Do send this to your Congressmen and Senators.