Bring back the old McDonald's large size (32oz) cups
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In the spring of 2017 McDonald's introduced a new cup for their 32oz (large size drinks). Rather than using the plastic cup they replaced it with a styrofoam cup of the same size. It is known that they did this for the sole purpose of saving money but here is the problem with their new cups:
- The EPA recognizes that working around/producing styrene based products can lead to skin irritation, eye irration, and respiratory issues.
- Though not officially proven, it's widely believed and supported that styrofoam is a carcinogen.
- Studies show that styrofoam products DO contaminate the food they contain with harmful chemicals.
- The manufacturing of styrene based products leads to air pollution and thus affects global warming.
- It's shown that styrofoam is NOT biodegradable at all.
- The affects of styrofoam on the ecosystem are tragic as many animals consume styrofoam causing toxins to circulate within the food chain.
- San Francisco has already recognized the problems and banned the use of styrofoam products with many other cities looking to do the same thing.
- If nothing else: IT MAKES THE DRINKS TASTE BAD.
Though I understand that plastic cups are still not great for the environment or our bodies THEY ARE ALOT better than styrofoam. Please help us bring back the original cups and by doing so know that you are helping both the environment and your body!
Today: Michael is counting on you
Michael Seyller needs your help with “McDonald's: Bring back the old McDonald's large size (32oz) cups”. Join Michael and 61 supporters today.