Oppose the Sale of Watrous Park!
This petition had 370 supporters
As a residents and property owner s of Prince George, BC, we oppose the sale of the neighborhood playground and lawn bowling facility located at 377 Watrous Street and 388 Wainright Street.
The above-mentioned proposal will negatively affect this area of the Crescents neighborhood in which it is proposed. A complex, as described in the notice, sent only to residents residing within 30 meters of the park, would:
- Diminish the green space, natural beauty and recreational options in the area.
- Destroy a well-used and historical public recreation site from the community.
- Result in increased traffic (employees and resident visitors) in a residential area with little current traffic and young families.
- Result in increased noise pollution due to the increase in traffic and emergency vehicles.
- Create a commercial/work environment amongst a revitalizing and close-knit family neighborhood.
- Be a waste of previously spent and future taxpayer dollars. A new playground was installed in 2019 and replacing the bowling Green will also have significant costs. - Result in decreased property values of the homes/properties closest to the proposed development.
The Official Community Plan, the Crescents Neighborhood Plan, and the Official Prince George Parks Plan all recognize the importance of Watrous Park as a playground and greenspace to the Crescents neighborhood.
Today: Anne is counting on you
Anne Harris needs your help with “email@example.com: We Oppose the Sale of Watrous Park”. Join Anne and 369 supporters today.