Say No to Fraternity Row in Pontiac
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
While we understand the developing relationship between the City of Pontiac and Oakland University, we do not believe fraternities should be located in family and/or historic neighborhoods.
- Our neighborhoods are places to build strong connections between home owners and their neighbors. Fraternities do not build community.
- Our neighborhoods should be places for families and children to live and thrive. Fraternity life does not create a positive neighborhood environment for children and families.
- Our neighborhoods should be places where residents can live peacefully. Fraternities regular disrupt daily life - including frequent parties, after hours traffic noise, night-time ceremonies, etc.
- Our neighborhoods will be less stable and appealing to potential homeowners. Potential residents will be deterred from buying in our neighborhoods with the presence of fraternities.
- Historic homes and neighborhoods will not be properly maintained by fraternities as intended by the historic designation. Historic homes help preserve the history of our great city.
- Each semester and year, fraternities will turnover the residents of these homes creating instability and a lack of pride in ownership.
- SAFETY! College students participating in Oakland University organizations should have proper oversight and supervision. Fraternities located in Pontiac are too far removed from campus and oversight by the Student Activities Board at Oakland University.
Today: Gregory is counting on you
Gregory Simon needs your help with “Mayor Waterman: Say No to Fraternity Row in Pontiac”. Join Gregory and 90 supporters today.