- John DunlapPresident, Board of Directors, Royal Winter Fair
- Galen WestonWeston Food, Sponsor for Royal Winter Fair
- PresidentToyota |Dealers Association, Sponsor for Royal Winter Fair
- DirectorRichoh Canada, Sponsor of Royal Winter Fair
- Randy McLeanActing Commissioner
- Mayor Rob FordMayor of the City of Toronto
Stop the Running of Bulls on Bay Street to promote the Royal Winter Fair
The running of bulls on Tuesday, October 30 through Bay Street in downtown Toronto to publicize the upcoming Royal Winter Fair is a blatant disregard for animal safety and care and this must not be allowed to go ahead. Those responsible for this plan are putting animals, pedestrians and property at risk. Ultimately if something happens the bulls will pay the price with their life. Please add your voice to stop it.
- President, Board of Directors, Royal Winter Fair
- Weston Food, Sponsor for Royal Winter Fair
- Toyota |Dealers Association, Sponsor for Royal Winter Fair
- Richoh Canada, Sponsor of Royal Winter Fair
- Acting Commissioner
- Mayor of the City of Toronto
Mayor Rob Ford
Despite the long history of the Royal Winter Fair in Ontario, they can not be allowed to carry out this totally irresponsible publicity stunt. The stress these animals will be under is horrific making them not only unpredictable but dangerous. Should something happen to cause injury to people or damage to property, the animals will be the ones to pay the ultimate price with their life.
Please do not let this poorly thought out plan go ahead.
The glory days of the Royal Winter Fair have ended and it is time for this organization to evolve and come out of the dark ages. They can not continue to treat animals as they did 90 years ago when the RWF started. Little has changed in that time for this event and they are out of touch with reality.
If it is not stopped the Royal Winter Fair and its sponsors will be boycotted while bringing negative publicity and raising public awareness for the total disregard of the welfare of animals by those participating in this event.
RAAW - Reform Advocates for Animal Welfare started this petition with a single signature, and won with 193 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.