Town Of Cottesloe Depot
This petition made change with 244 supporters!
We, the undersigned, do respectfully request that the Town of Cottesloe Council:
Site the Town of Cottesloe Works Depot wholly in Cottesloe, on or around the Sea View Golf Course depot site previously used, and not site any part of the depot outside Cottesloe, including not at Town of Mosman Park works depot at end of McCabe Street for reasons that include:
- Protect SVGC A Class Reserves from redevelopment thus continuing as a bulwark against development on A class reserves.
- Rental income (paid by Cottesloe) for works depot at SVGC will assist SVGC financial viability.
- Re-establishment of Cottesloe works depot at SVGC, being part of multiple public uses on the A Class Reserves, will continue to protect against development on A class reserves (existing SVGC depot infrastructure cost Cottesloe $147,757).
- SVGC protects, preserves and maintains this highly valued public green space for the Cottesloe community, which otherwise would be at significant cost to ratepayers (the Reserves are vested in Cottesloe and leased SVGC).
- SVGC works depot would be classed as land use incidentals to "Park Lands" and "Recreation" purposes of the SVGC A Class Reserves. (Has preliminary support of decision maker Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) and Heritage Council).
- Lease rental that would be paid to SVGC for Cottesloe works depot would be considerably less than that proposedto be paid currently to Town of Mosman Park for part of its depot site rental (Cost TOMP build and leasefor 21 years appoximately over $2million and for renting depot site at Stack St East Fremantle to date approximately $1million over last 5 years).
Today: Shirley is counting on you
Shirley Primeau needs your help with “Mayor Phil Angers: Town Of Cottesloe Depot”. Join Shirley and 243 supporters today.