ADD ORANGEBROOK GOLF COURSE RENOVATION TO THE GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND REFERENDUM
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
WHY DOES IT MATTER:
Voters in 2000 chose to put a deed restriction on Orangebrook to protect it from development and require that it remain a 36 hole golf course. It is currently in need of renovation in order to return it to economic sustainability. The GO Bond is the perfect way to fund the renovation and start realizing increased revenue which will be used to pay back the bond.
- The city is built out and it is important to protect what green space we have, and
- Orangebrook is the last large green space left in Hollywood, a “Treasure” that should be preserved intact for future generations, and
- Orangebrook provides drainage for much of the surrounding area. It reduces the risk of flooding in the area now. It can help against sea level rise in the future by providing capacity, and
- Orangebrook is a popular amenity and potential economic engine for our tourism industry. Investment in nearby local municipal courses has resulted in many more rounds played and has paid off by bringing more money into city coffers and surrounding businesses, and
- Orangebrook provides recreational opportunities for local residents and community space for events.
NOW THEREFORE WE URGE YOU TO ADD ORANGEBROOK TO THE GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND REFERENDUM
Today: Sean is counting on you
Sean Atkinson needs your help with “Mayor-Commissioners : ADD ORANGEBROOK GOLF COURSE RENOVATION TO THE GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND REFERENDUM”. Join Sean and 344 supporters today.