Re-Vote or REVOLT? Mt. Pleasant mask mandate RE-VOTE violates the democratic process!

Re-Vote or REVOLT? Mt. Pleasant mask mandate RE-VOTE violates the democratic process!

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Debby Hurtado started this petition to Mayor and Local Government of Mount Pleasant

Mount Pleasant passed the first mask mandate in July which won by one vote. The original ordinance, which was used to vote on, contained erroneous  death numbers for Charleston County. In fact, it was reported to 50 more deaths in Charleston county, than occurred in the ENTIRE state of South Carolina.  The Mayor's office quietly corrected the ordinance data  AFTER they voted on this information. This Tuesday, Sept 1st,  after the mask mandate expired, and more stringent penalties and extension of the 9 week mandate was voted upon and was defeated by a less than 6 vote count. 

The Mayor had decided to RE-VOTE this coming Tuesday, Sept 8th which is democratically illegal. He has decided he only needs 5 VOTES now to pass it! Clearly a calculated game plan. This is a violation of our constitutional voting process and most likely a glimpse of what to expect in November.     

They had all the medical  "experts" voice their opinions before the vote  - so they had their chance to sway the public opinion and it did not work. Many of my conservative, responsible neighbors do not need the government infringing on our private rights as citizens.  We are US citizens with constitutional rights and should  not subject of unlawful acts by public servants we placed to represent us. The people spoke and cancel culture should not be enacted because you disagree.  

Please sign your name.  Just because one  does not  like the outcome of a democratic vote, this does not give anyone the right to overstep authority, by  invalidating the votes of those have differing views and the same voting rights.  I stand with the 4 members who voted with their consciences.   

(More info: The CDC, on Monday evening, adjusted the death numbers on Covid deaths and only 6% of the total deaths reported were Covid-only.  All remaining 94% of deaths had at least 2.6 co-morbidities. This information is not being shared by the mainstream media, which is unconscionable and agenda-driven.)

However, to be fair, since there is no flu testing baseline, a  better way to calculate mortality  is by deaths overall in the total population.  In Charleston county, we have 411,406 residents. (There is no 2019 data for seasonal flu which is interesting in itself)   In 2018, there were 289 influenza deaths (FLU ONLY)  in Charleston county. This is a mortality rate of 0.007% total per population.  This year, there have been 238 Covid19 deaths (COVID ONLY). This is a mortality rate of 0.006% total per population. Covid19 deaths are basically equal to the seasonal flu.      

Charleston County as of August 30, 2020
Cases : 14,053
Total Deaths: 238
Active Cases: 13,815                                 Mortality : 1.7%

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!