Get the educational changes our children deserve!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Parents of the Nelson County School system, I would like to borrow a few minutes of your time to discuss the current situation with the educational system that we entrust with our most blessed and prized possession…our children! Anthony Orr’s contract ends July 2018 however the renewal process is taking place right now and is expected to be complete by July 1st. Parents, now is the time for a change. It is imperative that we lobby together and do what is right for our children. Below are a few bullet points highlighting why this change needs to happen.
- Ranked in the bottom 20% of all of the districts in the state of Kentucky in 2016 (138th of 173).
- 39 acts of physical aggression reported in one school since the beginning of the school year until late March
- Over 30 principals under 1 Superintendent in a 7 years time,
- Continuing to lose great teachers, principals, and students
- Our Superintendent has openly applied for positions at Scott County, Danville Independent, and most recently Glasgow Independent showing that he is not committed to our school system.
It's time for a change. I encourage everyone to attend the Board meeting Tuesday May 16th, 5pm at the Board of Education. I also asked that you stand up for your children's future and ask that the Board not extend Anthony Orr's contract and explore other options by signing this petition.
Today: Matthew is counting on you
Matthew Reynolds needs your help with “Matthew Reynolds: Get the educational changes our children deserve!”. Join Matthew and 372 supporters today.